Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Step Thirteen: Life is Good

It's been a while since I've written.  I moved and then left for Spring Break (spent time with the boys in Ft. Worth). I came back Thursday and Derek, Jayce and O came Friday to help me get all settled in.  I now have a house full of furniture and things hung on the walls.  It feels good. 

The hard part was clearing everything out of the apartment.  I had time to go through things I brought to Lake Jackson, but hadn't gone through in a while.  I found some keepsakes from Harold and that caused some sad times (yes, they do happen...usually unexpectedly).  One of the things Harold was good about was writing notes.  Not fancy words, but touching things.  I have a lot of little post-its with just, "I love you" and "HCS."  I always appreciated them and kept them, but now they are treasures. He was also generous and loved to surprise me with things.  These were usually accompanied by a note, too.  I'm so glad I kept them because now they remind me of the love we shared. I was spoiled...and loved it. 

That doesn't mean everything was perfect, nothing is.  We had bad times and good times, loving times and angry times.  However, I'm finding that I remember the good, loving times and the others have faded.  I guess that means we should always have plenty of good times so there will be lasting memories.  I also highly recommend notes.  I wouldn't trade for them - write one today to someone you care about!
Love,
Judy

1 comment:

  1. OK, I'm taking your advice and writing a note to someone I care about. Hope to see you this weekend. Love ya

    Pam

    ReplyDelete