One more "day at a time." Nothing too eventful to report, but sometimes I find that there are reality checks. I've decided that throughout most days I don't consciously think about missing Harold. I stay busy and do things that I always do. Then something happens (nothing specific) and the reality hits that he really won't be here again. I don't mean that to sound so sad, it's just another one of those facts that must be faced over and over. I remember Harold saying he had times when he'd do something and think, "I need to call Earl." Then the reality hit that he couldn't do that. Sherry has had the same experience. I've heard that this happens for a lot of people. The other night I was talking to O on the phone and he said, "Is Granddad with you?" I said, "No" then he paused and said, "You know I love him." Maybe he had one of those "reality checks" too.
Some things are falling into place as we take care of business. I'm so thankful for people I can trust for help and advice. It's nice to know you don't have to do things by yourself. I'm so blessed to have family and friends who care so much. Thanks for all your prayers, please keep us there. I just don't know what people do who don't have faith in God and wonderful Christian friends to share the load. I thank God daily for all of you.
Love,
Judy
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment