Monday, February 1, 2010

Step Nine: Out in Public

Right now it's hard to tell when one step ends and another begins.  I decided that Step Nine was starting as I had my first "invitation out" with someone other than family.  Sharon asked me to come over to eat.  That may sound simple, but it is a first. Friends are great and I actually had two invitations today so it deserved to be a "step." It would be easy to just stay home, but tonight was good and I enjoyed the company.

I have a cat (well he's really Harold's cat) named Bob.  He felt abandoned while I was gone and did some really rebellious "bad cat" stuff in the apartment.  It's a good thing for him that he is Harold's cat so I gave him another chance.  I now have a very attached companion.  I laugh sometimes and wonder if Harold's come back!

I'm still receiving thoughts and prayers from everywhere.  People say they wish they could do more, but they have to realize the greatest thing they can do is pray for us.  We know God's near, but their offers of prayer are comforting and let us know we're cared for.

Enjoy every day and write someone  a note to let them know you care or to say I Love You.  Harold was great about leaving me "I Love You" notes everywhere, and I'm still finding ones I've kept.  I loved them then, but now they are priceless treasures. 
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment