Friday, February 26, 2010

Step Twelve: More New Days

Haven't written much this week, but I've stayed busy.  I have found a townhouse here in Lake Jackson and will be moving in a couple of weeks.  I'm really happy and it feels more like a house than an apartment.  The way it came about has to be a "God thing."

I was wanting something different and found this house.  Unfortunately, my apartment lease wasn't up until the end of May.  I knew this new place wouldn't be for rent that long so I decided to see what I'd have to pay to get out of the last months of my lease.  When I found my copy of the lease and looked at it (thinking it would say May 31), I was surprised to find that they had left the ending date blank!!! When I showed it to them they said it was a technicality that they couldn't hold me to (and if it had been in their favor they would have held me to it).  I'd been praying for the right thing to happen and some guidance....boy did I get it. How often does an apartment company just leave off an ending date.

So now I have something to look forward to.  It has a screened in patio and a fenced in courtyard (as opposed to my tiny tiny patio) and it has a two car garage.  I will feel so much safer coming into a garage instead of walking across a yard from the parking lot at night.  I think Harold would like it and be happy I was safer.  It also has a security system. I have an extra room, too so I'm waiting for friends to come visit. 

Originally the owners didn't want any pets, but when I explained about Harold and Bob (the cat...his cat) they agreed to let me have him there.  When I read over the lease and came to the part about animals it said, "no animals - except Bob (the cat)! So Bob has his own name in the lease!!  

I'm getting more settled in at work and finally feeling like I'm catching up.  Life is better.  Oh, I definitely have my sad times and they hit suddenly, but I have good times, too.  Keep us in your prayers as all the adjustments take place.
Love,
Judy

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are going well...I was just grinning ear to ear when I read the part about your lease "Except Bob-the cat". You realize now that he owns half of it ... lol. It is great that he could stay. Yes..God is good and faithful.

    ReplyDelete