Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Step Ten: Re-Arranging Life

Today is a first step in change.  They finally came to pick up the hospital bed so I decided to really move things around in the room. It may take a while to adjust, but it lets me look at things differently. Another change will be selling the car wash.  This isn't a hard adjustment since Harold and I had already talked about it and decided it needed to happen.  That's enough for one day. 

I am also learning to face things that won't happen again.  You know how we take for granted the things we do each day?  You go to the store and pick up certain items.  Sometimes it's that special item you get for someone else (special chips, their favorite drink or snack) and you may not even like it or use it yourself.  You just don't think about it.  Well, now I notice things like that- the things I won't be getting anymore.  It's okay, it's just facing another change and I 'm still on the "one day at a time" schedule.

Judy

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand about noticing things you will not buy anymore. It is amazing it is the little things that are the most difficult sometimes and I think they are because those are the things we do not plan on handling because we don't think about them, if that makes sense. One day at a time is a good schedule...love ya and yall continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right! Thanks for the prayers, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete