Today brought another group of cards and notices of donations in Harold's memory. He would be so happy with everyone's thoughtfulness. It is amazing! He always wanted to make a difference and through the memorials he is. This weekend I'll work on "Thank You" notes for all our great friends...and thanks Janet for the stamps...how did you know I was running low! I told you everyone was so thoughtful!
Yesterday I talked about how I seemed to miss Harold in the small things like his favorite snacks. Today it's the ice cream freezer (he did love icecream). The comment yesterday about why that might happen makes so much sense. We do prepare to face the big things, but the little things hit quickly and we just can't be ready for all of them. I'm going to just try and find a place for them as memories. Gay sent me this quote today and it really fits:
"In nothing are we as rich as in our memories;
they are pictures painted by our hearts,
and nothing can erase them."
See you tomorrow,
Judy
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Think about you all the time, and in those thoughts, prayers and love for you. An old friend of mine always said, over and over, daily, "You just gotta keep on keepin' on", and we pray for you the strength to do just that. Looking forward to seeing you real soon, but until then, I'm sending you a great big hug right now. We're headed to Grapevine to Great Wolf Lodge for a joint birthday celebration with family for our three littlest ones ~~ Lucy was 6 on Jan 15th and the twins are 4 today. We'll be back tomorrow afternoon. Have a blessed weekend ~~ we'll talk. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's the little things in life ....
ReplyDelete