Thursday, January 14, 2010

Blood Transfusion Today

Harold's sleeping a lot today so he's not very responsive.  I just met with the Hematologist. They will be giving him some blood since his hemoglobin has dropped pretty low.  His platelet count has dropped from yesterday but is still at a safe level (they gave him platelets day before yesterday).

They did a scan of his abdomen today to see why it is distended (I know why mine is). We're waiting on that report. The good news is he does not seem to be in pain.  When he can respond and you ask him if he hurts he says, "No." That's a blessing.

I was asking questions one night and the nurse asked if I was a nurse. I told her no, that I just had learned way more than I ever wanted to know about hospitals, medicine and illness. I'll write more later today when we get the scan results. We're hanging in and appreciating all of you daily.

Keep the prayers going!  Also, please pray for Randy Moon. He has been helping Harold with the cows for a long time.  He went to the hospital with pneumonia a week or so ago and now they believe he may have lung cancer.  They're checking into doctors in Houston for treatment.

We are definitely learning to take one day at a time. The best news is God's in charge and he's right where you need him. Sometimes I know I get so busy worrying that I forget he's right here.  FYI: You never know what tomorrow brings so hug everyone today and tell them you love them!
Judy

4 comments:

  1. Judy
    Thanks for the update. I think about you and Harold every day and know that God will keep you both in His protection while ya'll are away from us. We want you to know that you can call on any of us up here to check on things at the ranch. Whose feeding Murray? He probably feels like he's been abandoned. We will keep up the prayers and look forward to seeing you guys again soon.
    Tad and Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Murray is good! He's living at Derek's in Ft. Worth. He has his dog "cousins" Jessie and Alex so now I don't have to feel bad for him.
    We miss everyone, but appreciate the prayers and love we're receiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, thanks for calling me a few minutes ago. I really appreciate all the info, and will try to remember as much as I can ~~ even the part about being attacked by a vanity stool!! You told me last week to go to church and pretend you were sitting right beside me, so I guess that's what I want you to do ~~ pretend you're surrounded by all of us, because you are!!
    And the best part ~~ He's holding you!! Love ya much
    Pam and Danny

    ReplyDelete