If Step One is making arrangements then Step Two must be learning to take a day at a time. We've been doing that for a while, but it does take on a different meaning. I am learning to accept offers to help. You know that's hard because our first response is always, "No, I'm okay" or "Nothing" when someone asks if they can do something. Someone told me once that when you say, "No" to someone's offer for help you're preventing their joy to serve others. Right now I don't know what I need, but I do appreciate all the offers. I especially appreciate your support and prayers. I know everyone says, "I don't know what to say," but so far every comment has been a blessing to me, Randal, and Derek. I know the support the boys have had from their friends has truly helped them cope.
The outpouring of love and the comments about Harold keep us going. We been blessed for years with loving friends and family. Thanks for helping us get through these steps and the steps to come.
Judy
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment