Thursday, January 28, 2010

Step Eight: Yes It's New

Step Eight: Staying where we stayed and back to work for the first time:
Okay back to the Apartment where Harold was with me is a new step.  I have some wonderful friends here who came and cleaned things up, put away some medical stuff and rearranged the furniture just enough so it didn't look just like we left it .  They also put some food in the refrigerator!  Friends are great.  It was nice to come into a little different look.  Don't get me wrong, it was still one of the hardest times.  I faced personal things of Harold's and that wasn't easy.  I had things I'd gotten just for him here and he'd hardly gotten to enjoy them. 

People were so nice at work.  They talked, hugged and let me cry when I needed to.  They made sure they took over where my friends left off back home.  I got all my mail and can't tell you how many wonderful cards I received.  I read every word both printed and written and they were such a great comfort. Thanks to everyone. 

Now, I have to go back to work so I'll write again later.  We are truly blessed and people really loved Harold; his kindness, his sense of humor, and his caring nature.  I want to keep that going. 
Love,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment