Step Six wasn't bad.
Actually, attending church as the first real time out was easy. Randal, Derek, Jayce and O went to Hillsboro to church with me so I really wasn't "going alone." Walking in to see all those loving faces who just wanted to be sure I was okay was comforting. Harold would have loved the singing- good old favorites and very upbeat. A big thanks to Michael High! The opening song, "Thank you Lord" was great. Though it wasn't one I was really familiar with it is one I won't forget. I am thanking the Lord for so much. I have a great family and a wonderful support system of friends. I had Harold for 38 years and we got to spend lots of time together these last few months. It may not have been in exactly the way we'd have chosen, but it was good for us. We got to say I love you over and over before the end, and many people don't get that chance.
I'm going to a conference in Austin and that will help me get back "normal" a little more slowly. I have an endless list of cell phone numbers I can call at any hour of the day or night (you'd said it and I know you meant it), and I have people praying for me all over the place. I really will be okay...good days and bad days, but I will be okay.
Thought of the day: Never wait to say I love you and if you're mad at someone...get over it. Life's too short!
Love,
Judy
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment