Monday, January 18, 2010

More Platelets

Harold's platelets dropped today to a level that requires a transfusion.  They're getting it ordered now.  His red blood count is still holding from that transfusion.  His white count is still elevated, but down a little from yesterday. 

They gave him lasix last night and this morning to try and remove some of the fluid he's retaining.  His kidneys have shut down and they hoped that might jump start them.  He's only putting out a little fluid so it's not quite working the way they hoped it would.  However,I want to paint you a picture of true friendship.  Last night Glen MacDonald, Larry Brown and Jerry Pierpont from Hillsboro came down.  They took me to eat and they were here when the nurse gave him the first dose of lasix.  They quickly became the cheering squad for kidney function.  We all stood and watched the catheter tube to see if the flow increased (we even did a little cheering it on).  We finally marked it with tape to be sure.  If cheers could heal kidneys that would have done it. Only true friends would be so eager to help you cheer for small victories. We are so blessed with many, many good loving friends. I know those of you reading this would do the same thing!  Cousin Ronnie (Cuz as Harold calls him) came last night to see Harold. When we got back from eating he was sitting by Harold's bed.

I'm waiting for the CT Scan report.  One of the doctors came in and was not happy that report hadn't come in. He was going to call and get it as soon as possible. That will give us more information about his liver and gall bladder. 

I'll let you know when I have more information. Sorry this is so late today.  My brother Ronnie brought my mother this morning from San Antonio, and Derek, Jayce, and O are here.  Randal is on his way.  I've done more talking than writing!  We are so blessed with loving family and friends and even though Harold can't communicate right now I know he feels all the love and prayers coming our way. 
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment