I think I may be on Step Seven for a few days. This one involves getting back into "things" and it will take awhile. Being at the conference is good and it is a good diversion before I start back to work, but it's a little tricky. You don't realize how many time people you don't know ask you about what you do, where you live, about your family...and inevitably you have to say, "My husband just passed away." Of course, then they feel bad and aren't sure what to say. I'll work on conversation without that maybe, but it's okay. It's all a part of the process. So far people have been wonderful and supportive.
I am tired. I guess that's also a part of Step Seven...the body reacts. I'm taking time to rest and have some "me" time, too. This isn't long, but I've been happy to see some still reading the blog and I'm finding that this is good for me. So welcome along for the ride.
I'm also practicing listening. I think we miss a lot when we try to talk more than listen.
Thanks for reading,
Judy
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'll always read what you write, listen to what you have to say, and love you through thick and thin.
ReplyDeleteI'll hold you to that!
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Love ya