Thursday, January 21, 2010

Step Three

Step Three: Today is a day for final plans. 
Decisions will be made for songs and order and getting all the details in place.  I thought this would be a sad time, but it's really comforting.  I am thinking of all the things that were of the most importance to Harold so they can be brought in to celebrate his life.  This is definitely ushering in a time of change and it will definitely be an opportunity to shed tears, but even more its a time to reflect and rejoice for a lifetime of great memories.  The boys have put together a video of Harold and though we all sat and cried through it, it was the most precious time and brought wonderful feelings to all of us.

So, the day I thought would be hard is okay.  I know I'll cry through a box of kleenex at the visitation tonight, but that's okay, too.  They will be tears shared with friends and family for a man we all loved and admired. 
Love, Judy

1 comment:

  1. The video at visitation was wonderful. So many treasured memories and so much love. I am glad that Eddie and I were able to be there tonight. I love you.

    ReplyDelete